Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stimulus package in this economy

My friend Vinay pointed me to this marketing campaign by a local restaurant

Interesting marketing campaign but the thing I like about this campaign is having to return to the store with the discount envelope unopened. I guess most of them who have the envelope probably would return to the store just to open the envelope and see what's in there. Nice way to get customers back to the store and hopefully they will make some impulse purchases.

Many other companies have similar programs such as Newyork & co offering customers to return back to stores offering discounts for future period but in this restaurant case the interesting part is having the envelope sealed so that the customer is not aware of the discount until he goes back to the store. Interesting marketing campaign.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BTW.. I did return to the restaurant. Ended up spending more than $10 on lunch. But the surprise was that I actually won a beef sandwich :).. So, you know where I am going to go to lunch when I get time now.